Code Dynamics Pty Ltd develops a software solution called Respond52 that provides critical real-time information to emergency services. It is currently installed at South Australian MFS regional stations and the SA SES is also adopting the solution.
Emergency services need accurate information quickly, yet it can be difficult for crews and managers to gather and disseminate this information, particularly as frequently as it needs to be during an emergency.
Respond52 gathers data from many sources and brings together information such as crew availability, incident information, attendance, deployment, vehicle tracking and environmental information. This data had to be gathered with minimal impact on crews who are often in a rush with their minds on the incident at hand. The hardware and software had to work flawlessly every time.
Many of the locations are in remote locations which makes on-site management difficult and costly. The hardware also needed to be rugged enough to withstand both physical and environmental punishment.
With internet connections in remote locations being intermittent, the solution needed to be able to run offline and synchronise with a cloud server when the connection was restored, and the display needed to be large enough and responsive enough for crews to rapidly absorb and interact with the data.
After an extensive evaluation process, there was a clear leader. AOPEN Commercial Devices running meldCX platform.
Using meldCX platform removed the traditional complexity of deploying software to remote locations, as a single upload process deploys the software to all devices in one go.
- Rapid development: Staff at Code Dynamics didn’t have to learn how to build apps that would run on a particular operating system, as meldCX platform is OS-agnostic
- Expanded customer base: Within three months, sixteen South Australian Metropolitan Fire Services implemented the system and made it compulsory for all firefighters to use the app to respond to emergencies.
- Rapid, easy enhancements: Because testing and deployment of the app is so easy, Respond52 is now working on providing increased functionality, including pushing the system onto emergency service vehicles.
- Easy trouble-shooting: Because devices are managed remotely, trouble-shooting and restarts are quick, easy, and cost-effective.
- Control and support: Respond52 maintains control of development and management, but also has access to meldCX’s support and development community.